Thursday, July 10, 2008

THREE MORE DAYS!!

With only 3 more days until we leave for Ethiopia, I am busy making lists, packing, and loving on my kids as much as possible. The plane tickets arrived via Fed*Ex yesterday. Robb picked up our $260 worth of travel medications at the pharmacy yesterday, ouch! Our suitcases are almost full. We have one suitcase full of donations for the orphanage, so that leaves one suitcase to fill with things we buy in country. I am excited to get some Ethiopian dresses for Ruby and Brylie, some fun toys for the boys and some African decor for our house. I always want Ruby to be familiar with where she came from. Today I am going to town to try to get some things crossed off our list. I will probably end up making one more trip before we go. Tomorrow evening we are having a little birthday party for Hunter. He will have a party with his friends after we get home. We ordered his gift so he should get that while we are gone. It is all getting so close and I find myself incredibly excited, a little nervous (a third world country scares me a little), and sad that I have to leave my 3 kids. There are so many people praying for all of these aspects and I do feel completely covered. This will be an amazing journey that will have a lifetime affect on both Robb and I.

14 comments:

Just Mom said...

I don't know what to say that won't sound trite.

Praying for safe travels for you and Robb and for you to have comfort in knowing that your children at home are in Good hands.

Dawn said...

I am getting excited for you I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am praying that everything falls into place, safe travels to and fro. And cannot wait to see pics of the whole journey

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

So excited for you guys! It's almost here!! You're almost there!! I'm sure it will all fall into place and you'll get on the plane and be able to breath!

Brooke said...

I echo your post! Busy getting ready and spending every moment with our daughter who won't be traveling with us.

Look forward to meeting you guys soon!

Children's Hope International said...

Wow, that update made my heart start beating a little faster. Only 3 days away!! That's fantastic. You have been moved to the Traveling Families section of the CHI blogroll.

Jennifer N.

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Of course I did! How else would I stay awake for work!!??

Annie said...

just read Jodi's blog...ok, so you are leaving in 3 days and you made Jodi and her family a meal???? Oh, you put me to shame ;)

getting those tickets in the mail is just surreal isn't it? :)

praying for your journey--

Heidi Jo Comes said...

"This will be an amazing journey that will have a lifetime affect on both Robb and I."

Robb and me. sorry, it's the english teacher in me. :0)

i am so excited for you guys, i can hardly stand it. what an amazing blessing and it seems like just weeks ago we were praying for God to give you the answer to the your longing heart! He is so good.

you know that chad and i will be praying for all of the areas mentioned, and we can not wait to hear a glorious report on the whole event!

LOVE YOU MUCH!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I can't believe that you leave in 3days already! How exciting! I just got done reading Jodi's blog...what a beautiful little girl and I am sure Ruby is just as beautiful. I will be praying for a safe journey for you, Robb and Ruby and that your kids handle the time away from you (or should I say you handle the time away from them??!!). Keep us updated.

Mom to many said...

Oh hooray - I can't wait to see you get off that plane with Ruby... can I bring your kids down or is someone else??? Let me know, really... we will be there either way...

Nikki said...

Words cannot express how happy I am for you guys!! I read this and got tears in my eyes. I will be praying for safe travel...love you guys!!!

Tracy said...

I will be thinking of you as you travel to pick up your precious daughter!!!

LISA said...

Praying you have a safe, wonderful trip!And,EEEEEKKKKK!!!Exciting!!!

Dawn said...

Oh MY GOSH! One more day til travel. I am so excited for you your family. You get to meet your little girl in one more day. I am getting ready to start putting her gift together. I will wait until you are home to send it. Can't wait to see pics. Again prayer for safe travels to and fro. Praying everything runs smoothly at home and in Eithopia. I bet you can't sleep right now. YAYAYAYAYa