
This morning as Hunter was playing a Cars game on the computer he asks, "Mom, did you ever log onto disney.com when you were a kid?"
"No, Hunter there was no such thing as disney.com when I was a little girl." I replied.
In total disbelief, Hunter asked, "Do you mean that you didn't have a computer?"
"There weren't any kids that had computers back then." I explained to him that computers were just getting invented when I was a kid.
After a big sigh Hunter said "Wow, that's
really bad! I bet you just walked around all day looking for something to do huh?"
9 comments:
Oey, are we already old enough to be having these conversations with our kids?
Just wait until they want blackberry's, ipods, and every other gizmo out there. I think my kids will be very disappointed in my lack of knowledge!
Very cute young man.
We got our first computer when Jenna was four. Dave had to write instructions down for me to know how to turn it on and use it. It took a couple of days and Jenna knew her way around that thing like a pro. She has been teaching me ever since. That computer took up the whole top of our desk. Now I work on one of our little lap tops. How times change.
I had that reality check the other day. I was talking to Kale about spinach. He asked me who could ever eat spinach and I told him - well, Popeye loved it. He said - who's Popeye.
Signs of getting older come in so many ways.
Ah, the wisdom of children. I love it.
Alex is around computers so much that he actually knows those quick key short cuts. Sometimes we'll let him "type" and before we know it a menu item we had no idea even existed will pop up on the screen.
I can still remember when Zach on Saved by the Bell had a 'cell phone.' I was like wow- you mean you can call someone when you are away from home? And in elementary school, we used computers to play a very basic math game to sell lemonade :) I'm with Heidi Jo, my children will be dissapointed in my lack of knowledge too.
That is a cute picture of Hunter.
I too have told Derek we didn't have computers when I was a kid.
I didn't have a computer class until I was a freshman in high school.
Times change.
I was surprised how old I felt when I read your post today! :) And I'm not even 30! My kids aren't quite old enough for those conversations yet, but I know they're coming quickly!
oh how cute...that hunter is so funny and so perceptive eh?
My kids respond the same way. Shock and disbelief.
Post a Comment