Enjoy the daily life of this stay-at- home-mom raising 4 great kids.
Monday, September 08, 2008
State Fair
We took the kids to the SD state fair over Labor day weekend. The weather was miserable, hot and super windy, but the kids had a blast. Mom and dad were worn out! :)
We haven't been to the state fair for quite a few years. The last time it wasn't very good. Plus it is a jont for us to go. We are going to the spencer fair in Iowa this Sat. It is a huge fair. And we are taking our daughter. Which I think will be very interesting. It looks like you all had a fun time even though the weather wasn't the kindest.
I wish you would taken me with you - I did not feel like the funnest mom when we got done... how about you? It was too hot for my blood. Poor Destiny was miserable.
That looks like a ton of fun! We haven't been to a fair in a LONG time...we don't have "state fairs" here....just a festival of some sort usually in the summer...but i like the sound of a state fair... I see you're from SD...I live on the West coast of Canada...but I have been to SD once...many yrs ago...I think it was a school trip to Indiana...for school convention in about grade 10...it's a pretty place if I remember right... :)
Mom and dad had charlie for labor day weekend and the 2 girls and on saturday they decided to bring the kids to the fair....plus they brought grandma...they had a blast...looks like you guys did to...
I have been married for 13 years to my wonderful husband Robb and have 4 beautiful children. Hunter is 8, Brylie 7, Gage 4 and our Ethiopian princess, Ruby is 2. I was an elementary school teacher before entering the wonderful world of motherhood. I feel that I have the most gratifying job in the world. There are many challenges to this job, but I consider it to be a wonderful blessing to be able to spend every day with my children. We are currently in the process of adopting from Ethiopia again. Yay!
8 comments:
I have got to take Just Son to the state fair one of these years. Looks like a lot of fun, despite the hot weather.
We are going next year. It would be fun for all the kids to hang out together!!!
We haven't been to the state fair for quite a few years. The last time it wasn't very good. Plus it is a jont for us to go. We are going to the spencer fair in Iowa this Sat. It is a huge fair. And we are taking our daughter. Which I think will be very interesting.
It looks like you all had a fun time even though the weather wasn't the kindest.
I wish you would taken me with you - I did not feel like the funnest mom when we got done... how about you? It was too hot for my blood. Poor Destiny was miserable.
That looks like a ton of fun! We haven't been to a fair in a LONG time...we don't have "state fairs" here....just a festival of some sort usually in the summer...but i like the sound of a state fair...
I see you're from SD...I live on the West coast of Canada...but I have been to SD once...many yrs ago...I think it was a school trip to Indiana...for school convention in about grade 10...it's a pretty place if I remember right...
:)
we have never been fair people. i think the kids would enjoy it, but the weather harldy ever cooperates.
you are a good mom!
Looks at Gage...SOOO proud of his prize!!
Looks like fun!
Except for the heat...we were in Pierre that weekend and it was miserable.
Mom and dad had charlie for labor day weekend and the 2 girls and on saturday they decided to bring the kids to the fair....plus they brought grandma...they had a blast...looks like you guys did to...
Post a Comment