Monday, October 22, 2007

P.U.

Last night we arrived home at about 7:30 and pulled into our driveway and instantly noticed a skunk wandering around in our garage. Our black lab, Champ, layed in the grass lounging under the stars, unaware of the beast on our property. Our once very attentive watch dog, is showing his age lately. Robb escaped the safety of the suburban and ran into the house to get a gun. While he was loading the gun the little rascal made his way under the deck while the kids and I sat on the edge of our seats in the suburban watching all of the action. Brylie was screaming "Be careful daddy!" I reassured her that he would be fine since he was fully armed and ready for the stinky beast to make his move. Because our deck has lattice all the way around it, we couldn't see him anywhere and despite our efforts to shine the car lights on the deck in every direction, he litterally dissappeared before our eyes. There was only one way out and we had our eye on that spot the whole time. Robb even fired a shot under the deck to scare him out, but to no avail. Honestly, it is the biggest mystery. We have NO IDEA where the black and white enemy went. Finally, the kids and I ran from our safety net into the house. The funky smell that the little animal left behind had found its way into our home. Luckily my mom and sister are in the candle making business, so I had plenty of candles on hand. The kids also went to town with the FeBreeze. We went to bed smelling flowers, sugar cookies, apples and cinnamon. We awoke this morning to the lingering skunk smell and Robb made the rounds outside trying to find our pesky visitor. He is no where to be seen, so I guess we go on with our day and hope he shows up again tonight when Robb is home waiting with the gun! Anyway, how was your weekend? :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Just be sure he doesn't find a way into your house!!!! Now that would be a rude awakening. THe weekend was busy. Craig as you know, was out there having a good ol time while I wrestled with 2 very naughty kids all weekend. Then Cliff and Carmen came to our house to stay at last minute. Yikes! Time to clean up the house a little. Yesterday I helped Lisa close out the Uptown Girl and then went to their house for soup and chili. I made Corinne's chili and it was a hit. I told them I couldn't give out the recipe!!! I hope your little visitor shows his ugly face soon!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh that is one thing i wouldn't want to 'lose'. where in the heck did he go? maybe he found a way in and has made a cozy den for winter...or maybe it's a she and she's nesting:0)

Teresa said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement my dear friend HJ!

Andrea said...

Well, how exciting!! Probably not the excitement you were looking for but none the less, it's excitement!

My thoughts exactly Heidi!

Glad it's your house and not mine!

Beth said...

Wow! Oh the joys of living in the country!

We've had lots of "critters" over the years . . . but a skunk would definitely be the worst! Hope you find him before he does more damage.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I hope Robb can find him and get rid of him to ease your mind.

We had one fall in our window well last year and boy did that stink when we finally got him out.

I hate anything to do with skunks!

Patriot said...

Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway at my site this week - come check it out! Thanks!

Tracy said...

P....U.....I hope you find the little rascal!!