Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sharing a good book

Ginger posted this blog filler on Just a Thought and since I love hearing about good books I thought I would share the book that I am reading now. Ever since giving birth to Hunter, other parents of boys have recommended this book to me. After giving birth to a second son I knew that I better make this purchase. Well, I have finally gotten around to reading it and I definitely wish that I had read it 6 years ago when it was recommended! I am only on page 75 and many questions have already been answered as to why my boys do the things that they do. Interesting stuff! Dr. James Dobson is a wonderful writer and if you are a parent or grandparent of boys, I would HIGHLY recommend this book! Now the rules of the book blog filler are to grab the closest book, go to page 123, find the 5th sentence and, on your blog, put the next three sentences. Since I have not yet made it to page 123 this is new info for me too! "If you as a parent have an effeminate boy or a masculinized girl, I urge you to get a copy and then seek immediate professional help. Be very careful whom you consult, however. Getting the wrong advice at this stage could be most unfortunate, solidifying the tendencies that are developing." Are you interested yet? I know that I won't be able to get through this book fast enough! It is jam packed full of information about boys and how and why they do the things they do and how as parents we are to raise them to be Godly men. If you have a book you would like to share, please play along! I would love to hear what you are reading.

7 comments:

Just Mom said...

How funny! I'm reading that right now, too. Of course, I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for Heidi and Amanda. THANKS GALS!

Momma Roar said...

This is a great book - I read it after I had Quintin, but maybe I need to reread it now that Colin is here!
Leigh Ann

Heidi Jo Comes said...

good stuff!

what dobson book isn't though?

"raising a strong willed child" (or discipling a strong willed child) was priceless for us!

glad you are finally getting er' done:-)

michelle said...

LOVE that book! Another MUST read when bringing up boys (and husbands..:-)) is Wild at Heart.

Both books really freed me and helped me relax...a little bit at least.

I am reading "The Graham Factor" and am really having to process it a lot.

Beth said...

Someone gave it to us as a gift . . . then we loaned it out and it hasn't come back yet. I have been wanting to read it for so long, you've inspired me to just go to their website and buy another copy. : )

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Would it benefit me with a 17 year old boy or am I too late?

Anonymous said...

This whole idea got me to read a bood that I should have read a long time ago as well. So glad it inspired you as well. Dobson is great.
I read Wild at Heart to learn more about my husband and son in law. It freaked me out and confused me. I hope others do better with that book than I did. My girls have all read it and so has Dave. My brain is just slow at understanding men :)